Hello from The Basque Country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marius

Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank all of you for all the information, the answers, and the patience you have with all of us who have just started brewing.

Here is quite hard to brew, as there are no LHBS, it takes a month to recibe ingredients at home, also it´s difficult to find translations of "How To Brew" and other books. I also have serious problems with those "farenheit", "pounds", "gallons", "ounces".... Damm International System of Units!!!

I have to read this forum with a dictionary and a calculator, I will learn more English here than at school.

Anyway, now that I´m in my 6 batch I hope I can share with all of you what I learn about the art of Brewing.

:mug: On Egin!!

Welcome! Learning a language is difficult, but immersing yourself and reading it will definitely help. I'm assuming you speak Spanish, but do you speak Basque as well? From what I remember (from spanish classes in college) not many people in the area actually speak Basque.

Welcome! Learning a language is difficult, but immersing yourself and reading it will definitely help. I'm assuming you speak Spanish, but do you speak Basque as well? From what I remember (from spanish classes in college) not many people in the area actually speak Basque.

Yes, I speak Basque and Spanish, and a bit of English and German.

You are right that not many people speak Basque, One million people more or less know the language, but maybe just 500.000 speak it everyday (those are not official numbers). Nowadays a great efford is being done to preserve the Basque language.

The worst thing is that we just have 2 Basque comercial beers.

How are those Basque beers?

You know, you make enough there could be 3 Basque commercial beers....

Are you a cyclist fan as well? It's too bad about Iban Mayo (from the Basque country)--he was too great a racer to be taken down by drugs.

Bienvenidos. Quizas ayudame con Espanol y puedo ayudarte con Ingles. Pero no tengo un teclado espanol...

How are those Basque beers?

You know, you make enough there could be 3 Basque commercial beers....

Are you a cyclist fan as well? It's too bad about Iban Mayo (from the Basque country)--he was too great a racer to be taken down by drugs.

Bienvenidos. Quizas ayudame con Espanol y puedo ayudarte con Ingles. Pero no tengo un teclado espanol...

About Basque Beers... they are both quite good, although i always thought that they seemed to be just clones of something, as if they had no own personality, (but actually i never found that "something" they look like) Today i will drink some and try to be more accurate.

I know there is another microbrewery two hours far from my place, they say it has really good beer, I´m plannig to drive there.

About being the next beer in Basque Country... That´s my dream!!! but the last brewery that opened here closed two years ago.

About cycling... sorry, not a fan. With beer and music I have enough obsessions.

Thanks to all of you in this forum for all the help with the language.

Just wanted to say hello & also let you know that Google is a great resource for conversions. Just type in "1 oz. in grams" in the search box & you'll get an instant answer. Works for just about any conversion - to and from metric to our crazy avoirdupois system.

Welcome to HBT! I live in Boise, Idaho where there is the largest population of Basques outside of Spain. There are a few very good basque restaurants here, and the wine imported from that region is muy delicioso! I will not be trying blood sausage anytime soon, however.

Back