Hello From SW Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkramer56

Reaction score
I started homebrewing quite some time ago. My friends owned a homebrew and wine making shop and I got started through them. We started a homebrew club in our city. I made a Oatmeal Wheat Stout and we had it at our club meeting. It was kind of a blind taste test between Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and my stout. Mine won 10 to 1 so I decided to enter it in the AHA Homebrew contest in Colorado. I won 2nd place with it that year and 3rd the next. After that it appeared in Zymurgy magazine and All About Beer magazine.

That being said, it was a pretty long time ago. Looking at the recipe now, I see things that need changing. In competition today, it probably wouldn't make it past the first round. Things have changed and homebrew has gotten better.

We would have picnics in the summer for the club and I would always brew a keg of beer to have there. Great fun.

Well as luck would have it the homebrew shop went out of business and I got busy with work and stopped brewing......until now. I've made about 6 batches since starting up again. I don't know why I waited so long to start up again but I am glad I did.

I am now kegging my beers again using soda kegs. I have a True Beverage dispenser to tap them. It's good to be back.

Seems about right, most people in their 90s are there. :p

Well that. However I have a ways to go before hitting 90. I do believe that south Florida, if not the whole state, has a collection of the worst drivers from around the country. Many being at, or near 90 and having a hard time seeing beyond the hood of the vehicle they are driving. Is that important?

Back