Hello from sunny san diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsagoodIPA

Reaction score
Just found this forum seems that most people on here like to help out and better the home brewer nation i like this ill be using this alot and posting alot of rare recipes i have acquired from visiting the 35 and rising brewery's out here in southern California my favorite IPA's is Pliny the younger second favorite sculpin my favriote brown would be Down town brown from lost coast in humboldt and least favorite would be COORS light....

CHEERS
casey :mug:

Alesmith has some great brews, as does Stone of course. Have you been to the Stone brewery? Great beers and nice restaurant.

Alesmith has some great brews, as does Stone of course. Have you been to the Stone brewery? Great beers and nice restaurant.

yeah i been to almost all except green flash and ale smith but have had alesmiths ipa very good beer and i have been to the bistro at stone a few times

I've been to Green Flash, but Im not a big fan. Not that the beer is bad, just from what i tasted there, I wasn't impressed. My top 2 SD fav's are Ballast Point, and Stone.

i just put up the sculpin recipe haha i love BP aswell i like port brewing company alot and stones good to take chicks hahaha

Ok. I'll be the dick. Capitalization, punctuation, and whole words. Cell phone text messages, sure; forum, not good.

I said I was being a dick, so you don't have to tell me.

And welcome. Love San Diego. You've got some great weather and fine breweries out there. Visited once, can't wait to get back. Pacific Beach boardwalk. Yessir.

Ok. I'll be the dick. Capitalization, punctuation, and whole words. Cell phone text messages, sure; forum, not good.

I said I was being a dick, so you don't have to tell me.

And welcome. Love San Diego. You've got some great weather and fine breweries out there. Visited once, can't wait to get back. Pacific Beach boardwalk. Yessir.

Look, half the time you guys abbreviate and put things like bk or ic or what-have-you, and that is pretty much the same thing.
You could just, not be a dick, and not have to say you are being one.

I hate that elitist crap. I would like to check out one of the meetings at CHUG it seems it would be very informative. Were U guys at the SDBW kick off at liberty station back in November?

CHUG is definatley not elitist. Although I havent made it to a meeting yet, They seem pretty open. As for QUAFF, I cant speak for because I'm not a member. Attached is their Webpage in case you want to check them out.
http://quaff.org/
http://www.chugsd.com/2010/03/25/chugs-first-official-meeting-input-please/

I went to CHUG's page and their registration page is broken. I wrote him about it but never got a response. I think I would enjoy CHUG much more than QUAFF.

Alright, more San Diego people! Still say we need to meet up at ballast/home brew mart one night!

I went to CHUG's page and their registration page is broken. I wrote him about it but never got a response. I think I would enjoy CHUG much more than QUAFF.
I just went to the registration page and it seems to be working now.

There are a lot of us here in SD. Are the clubs fun? Is anybody actually a member that goes to meetings here?

Am I one of the "elder" members on this forum from SD?

Odd, the reg page is coming up just fine here and my server has experienced any outages recently... give it a try again. Not sure why I didn't see your e-mail either.

There are a lot of us here in SD. Are the clubs worth fun? Is anybody actually a member that goes to meetings here?
I'm not only a member, I'm a founder and webmaster :)

I'm not only a member, I'm a founder and webmaster :)

Cool.

I dig on this business:

•There are not (and likely will NEVER be) club dues.
•There is not a set meeting schedule (though we like to get together for drinking and brewing often).
•We like teaching new people.

im there every Friday sometimes Saturday i usually work when nates there

I am usually there just about every Friday my self. You can usually spot me pretty easy, I have the growler with a koozie that has a Sculpin IPA label on it. And my daughter(3 y/o) is usually having fun making new friends. She is a very outgoing little person.

I just went to the registration page and it seems to be working now.

The page loads fine. but after I fill out the forms and enter the validation image... I get an error message saying "ERROR: Image Validation does not match."

I have tried on three different computers, 2 pc's and one mac.

Very frustrating. Each time I actually try to come up with a good acronym too,

Hmm, ok. There's a guy on here who I think is one of the founders of that club, his handle is Gremlyn1. I would PM him and ask him if they are still accepting members.

Yeah I did I just saw his post a couple down from yours. I woulda quoted his if I saw it in time.

Saw both of your PMs and figured I would reply here so that all can see... There is no application to join, the registration for the website is just so you can post and communicate easier. If it's failing for you, shoot me an e-mail with the error message(s) you're encountering and I'll look in to it: gremlyn1 (at) gmail (dot) com

EDIT: I see that the CAPTCHA system was not validating properly. I switched to using reCAPTCHA and it seems to be functioning now.

Back