Hello from St. Paul, MN (But soon Virginia)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArchM77

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been brewing beer off and on for a couple years now, first with a good friend and now with my wife. Lately it's been more on then off and I've decided I really want to get more into it. I've done probably 15 or so extract beers over the last 4-5 years, and have recently upgraded to all-grain. I have my third all-grain batch in the primary now (a pretty standard porter).

My wife and I also dabbled in wine making, but never really got into it. However, she just discovered mead-making and we've got 3 separate one-gallon tester batches going now (JAOM, Mint Mead, and Pomegranate-Strawberry)

I just finished med school and am starting my residency in Virginia this June. We'll be moving in May, so I'm likely done brewing until then. But now that I'm finally going to have an income I'm gonna be looking for ways to improve my brewing. I also really want to start experimenting with recipes. All in all, I'm just really excited to have found this board, and I'm looking forward to getting advice and hopefully eventually contributing something.

Welcome to the boards! Its fun moving to all grain, isn't it? I've got 16 batches total with the first 4 being extract. Just trying our first wine kit out now. It'll be ready for bottling after another month or two of bulk aging.

Jeez, you're going to be really busy as a resident. Congrats on finishing med school, that's quite an accomplishment. Hope you can still carve out some time for brewing in VA.

Back