Hello from San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_and_Amy

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello and thank you to all the people on Homebrewtalk. This is an incredible website and a great resource! My wife Amy and I have been homebrewing for a couple years (extract brewing only). Going through all the forums here has resulted in in us building a cooler modified mash tun, brewing our first all-grain beer and building a chest freezer kegerator (4-tap).

This place is awesome!

Cheers!
Brian & Amy

Welcome to the forums!

I found the forums and lurked around for a while (several months) before I brewed anything. I did start extract but migrated to all-grain BIAB after a few batches. Still haven't set up a separate mash tun but I've been very happy with everything I've learned here as well! Next on my list is a kegerator for sure.

Oh and I'm from San Diego, too :). Well.... East County, but don't judge me, haha.

Welcome to the forums!

I found the forums and lurked around for a while (several months) before I brewed anything. I did start extract but migrated to all-grain BIAB after a few batches. Still haven't set up a separate mash tun but I've been very happy with everything I've learned here as well! Next on my list is a kegerator for sure.

Oh and I'm from San Diego, too :). Well.... East County, but don't judge me, haha.

My wife an I stumbled onto this website looking for partial mash recipes and the rest is history. I highly recommend a mash tun. Easy to make out of a cooler and ball lock valve. That was a turning point for us.

And hey, be proud of East County! :mug:

Welcome to the forums Brian and Amy! Hey I am in San Diego (North Park) too, small world :)

I have only done two batches so far (extract w/ specialty grains) and I am totally hooked on home brewing. This site is awesome and has already helped me to expand my operations into converting a chest freezer into a fermentation chamber, getting a kegerator (did not go the DIY on that one) so I can keg and in general spending way too much time on reading about brewing.

Soon I will venture into BIAB and then onto all grain.

Welcome to the forum. I'm down in Imperial Beach if you ever need anything... (like someone to help "taste-test" your latest brew!!!) Maybe we can swap a few cold ones some day!

Also new to the forum and also out in East County - Ramona. Been BIAB, partial mashing, & playing with ciders 1 1/2 years. I've read everything I know, but I'm starting to plane out on my learning curve for self teaching. Making the move into all grain now...

Looking to brew with like minded San Diegans, especially all-grain brewers. Don't know of any clubs out East and my old brew buddies have excuses like "budget" and "kids"... *scoff*

Let me know if you have any suggestions or have found an outlet for the addiction in E. County.

BREW ON!!!

Back