Hello from Quebec, Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stef1966

Reaction score
Hello beer fellow enthusiasts!

I am a musician from Quebec who also loves home brewing.

Been "initiated" to this fine art last year from my neighbor who kindly showed me the basics and what i needed to buy in order to start into all of this.

Am brewing Ales most of the times, with various liquid yeast strands from the White labs Co.

I am using malt syrup, added whole grains that I mash, hops pellets, orange peels, coriander up to various degrees depending on the taste I try to achieve of course.

I occasionally add various extra sugars in moderation of course just for the sakes of variety, Honey, corn syrup, Brown sugar. (boosts OG a little of course)

I don't really take notes about recipes, just go by feel approximately.
(of course, some blatant mistakes are unforgettable, so we live and we learn).
with trial and errors i have come to make brews i truly enjoy.

Currently making a kind of "Braggott" a mix of Honey and Malt syrup and other stuff.

Also some pale Ale using Belgian Golden yeast in the secondary.

Glad to be among this fine community! :mug:

Hey Stef, welcome aboard! Sounds like you're off to a really good start.

Don't forget to put your location in your profile. You can't give the secret handshake over the interwebs.

Hello bradsul!

Well i forgot to mention my first batch was from a canned kit.
Turned out ok cause it's easy stuff, sort of a beginner's enthusiasm primer if we can say that.

Then i moved to something more rewarding in many ways. :)

My first 3 batches were canned kits too, I still count them. I used them to get decent beer and also to get my fermentation and sanitation down before moving on to more expensive batches.

Huuuu... just a little question, how can we make our avatar appear in the posts we make in here?

Uploaded an avatar, see it in my profile but it doesn't appear on my posts... ?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sorry, Stef, you have to be a paying member for that. There are a few other benefits to being a member as well. If you find you're getting lots of good information and help from the site, you might consider joining up. It's only $25 US a year.

Was wondering, am I the only person from Quebec, Canada on here?

Im suddenly getting the feeling here like where you enter a bar in the middle of nowhere and as you enter the door, the music stops, and everyone just turn their heads as if to say "We don't like strangers 'round here...".

... and we ignore everyone and treat them with equal disdain when they don't know the secret handshake.

Learn the handshake. ;)

Back