Hello from Ottawa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

So another newbie joining. I hope to start the process soon, most likely with a coopers diy microbrew kit to help get me off the ground. The best thing is I ahve the wife on board so as long as the beer is tasting good sneaking in some extra expenses here and there should be easy enough.

Anyway looking forward to starting soon.

OttawaIrishGuy said:
Hi all,

So another newbie joining. I hope to start the process soon, most likely with a coopers diy microbrew kit to help get me off the ground. The best thing is I ahve the wife on board so as long as the beer is tasting good sneaking in some extra expenses here and there should be easy enough.

Anyway looking forward to starting soon.

Hello from Québec City, happy to see that you have the adiction :)

Best place to get a how to video to be sure you don't mess up your beer is on youtube... Check out craigtube in the search. :)

Cheers...

Hi Jess,

Thanks, I know a few Irish guys up in Quebec City and have been invited up a few times but not a chance to visit since moving to Canda.

Thanks for the advice, Craigs was one of the first videos I watched on the subject.

Cheers or as we say in Ireland sláinte.

OttawaIrishGuy said:
Hi Jess,

Thanks, I know a few Irish guys up in Quebec City and have been invited up a few times but not a chance to visit since moving to Canda.

Thanks for the advice, Craigs was one of the first videos I watched on the subject.

Cheers or as we say in Ireland sláinte.

On the chanel here you eill often see the following : RDWAHAHB

Relax Don't Wory And Have A HomeBrew !!

GAH hit my first stumbling block...bottles! I had a stash of twist tops and with everything I read I belived a bench capper would work on twist tops. So picked up one second hand, it works great on the few pry tops I have but not so good on the twist tops.

So off I got in search of bottles!

OttawaIrishGuy said:
GAH hit my first stumbling block...bottles! I had a stash of twist tops and with everything I read I belived a bench capper would work on twist tops. So picked up one second hand, it works great on the few pry tops I have but not so good on the twist tops.

So off I got in search of bottles!

Before I started kegging I used to bottle... I started off by buying used cases of beer at the corner store and after that I went for grolsh bottles that I bought at my LHBS "local home brew shop" I bought 4 cases of 12 for about 60$ and that was a real charm ... Once i'm done with a bottle I pop it into the dish washer and back into the case :)

Back