hello from orange county ny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm 33 and just starting to get into home brewing, i've been drinking beer since i was 15 and drank it all over the world, my wife bought me a kegerator about 2 years ago and now building a home brewery just really seems like the natural progression.

i'm trying to build a 3 tier or 2 tier brewing system, so far i have one keg cut but i'm too ignorant on where to go from here. i know i need three kegs, each one topped, i know in three of them they seem to need a bulkhead fitting to drain the tank, the mash tun needs a false bottom with a circular copper tubing with slats, but honestly i don't even know the function of each one so i have a lot of work to do.

if anyone has a good book that gives an ignoramus like me the ability to read and understand brewing fundamentals that would be great. online sites are great but most assume some sort of prior knowledge and i'm not sure where to start.

thanks!

i've been trying to post in the beginner section but it appears i'm moderated and my posts never show up, is this just the design of the site? i assume the moderators don't OK each individual post, or is that because i don't have the pay membership? thanks!

I believe there's a new policy that requires threads started by new members in certain sections to be approved by a mod before they are posted. It definitely has nothing to do with whether you pay or not.

ok thanks a lot, i saw one of my posts go up.

warwick is nice, i always hit up the wineries and orchards in the fall.

Hey rich
Is that offer valid for state line jumpers. I try to get up and hike Harriman at least once a month. It's a beautiful state you live in. I would love to stop by in the fall and drink some homebrew with you and learn how to grow hops.

Back