Hello from Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanaHomebrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!
My name is Aaron, and I picked up homebrewing again, as I know many have, due to quarantine. Brewed a couple kits years ago but wasn't happy with them, so I dove right into BIAB when I picked it up again. Learned a lot already from this forum the past several months, and excited to keep learning!

Welcome. I just came back as well. I'm in Columbus. What are you thinking of brewing first?

Welcome from Cleveland! Drive through Columbus often as I travel to Lima for work a lot. And Brewdog in Canal Winchester. My second home.

I'm in Columbus too! I restarted a few weeks ago, made a wheat beer, then a saison and and an American pale
Nice! You certainly started faster than me. I've got to start all over and get the equipment again. Bu this time I have much more support, I showed her 3 carboys and she said get them all.

Welcome back!
I am in C-bus as well. I don't brew nearly as much as I would like, kids and the honey do list seem to get in the way...
That being said I have 10 gal of kolsch kegged and another 10 ready to keg. (funny how I can find time in my brew card open up when it is time to fill the pipeline of my wife's favorite brew...)

Welcome back!
I am in C-bus as well. I don't brew nearly as much as I would like, kids and the honey do list seem to get in the way...
That being said I have 10 gal of kolsch kegged and another 10 ready to keg. (funny how I can find time in my brew card open up when it is time to fill the pipeline of my wife's favorite brew...)
That's about the same with me. She likes Mead and I've been making quicker ones for a few months. So, now she says make 2 meads and then you can brew a beer and make some wine. Then 2 more meads....etc

That's about the same with me. She likes Mead and I've been making quicker ones for a few months. So, now she says make 2 meads and then you can brew a beer and make some wine. Then 2 more meads....etc
My wife doesn't drink beer, so I don't have to worry too much about that! She does like mead though! Is that hard to make?

My wife doesn't drink beer, so I don't have to worry too much about that! She does like mead though! Is that hard to make?
Mead isn't hard. It's like anything we do here. There's a process. If you follow the process, you'll be fine. There's a nice recipe (that some here hate...lol) 'Joe's Ancient Orange Mead - JAOM. It's for one gallon and is quickly drinkable. I will say this though, and Joe has said as much, it's best not to try and use the process for that mead with any other, it just won't work.
This one: Joe's Ancient Orange Mead I was around when Yooper posted this, I don't know how many years ago, and I doubt Joe knew what he was doing when he created this recipe. It has certainly gone viral!

Latest posts

Back