Hello from Northeastern Pa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic699

Reaction score
Hello from Plains Pa. Right next to Wilkes Barre, south if Scranton in NE Pennsylvania.

Ready to bottle my first batch in a few days. Only did a 2.5 gallon extract batch for my first one. I am already hooked and ready to jump up to 5 gallon, partial mash.

Looks like this forum is a great source for help and information. Looking forward to reading threads and learning more about the fine art of brewing.

Welcome, welcome!

My first two batches were 2.5G extract kits. Perfect for getting familiar with the process and for learning the the fist big improvement you can make in brewing is learning to keep happy yeast during fermentation (temperature is key!).

As they say, "welcome to the obsession". :)

What kind of beer did you make?

I did a Czech Pilsner from an extract kit. I was hooked from the second I started. I have been doing nothing but researching methods for the last 3 weeks while it ferments. Lots if information. Lol. Going to do another extract batch and going to upgrade piece by piece in the next few weeks until I'm ready for partial mash.

Welcome...it's a great hobby. I started out doing 1 gallon all grain batches and this weekend I might be doing my first 11 gallon batch. If your on a budget and want to move to all-grain in the future look into BIAB.

Latest posts

Back