Hello from Montana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

51dimes

Reaction score
I just started my first brew today, using a starter kit from Northern Brewer. The idea is to start with some kits and then as I get confidence become more and more advanced.

My kit either didn't come with or I misplaced my airlock cap. After some frantic searching, I came upon the forums here that assured me that my beer wasn't in serious jeopardy (I did put a sandwich bag over it just to make sure though!)

The beer is a brown ale, and I'm a fan of darker beers, though reds and ambers appeal to me as well. I'm nervous with the first batch, but excited about it as well!

Welcome to the group, from CO. Beer is forgiving if you are patient. Study the forum stickies and the wiki, then ask away.

Welcome, you can stick a tube on the fermentor then the other end into some water and that will serve as an air-lock. Or if all your missing is the cap, you can use a rubber band and a piece of foil with wholes punched in the top because the cap has wholes in it anyway, it's only job is to keep the inner piece from shooting up and out.

Back