hello from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justineaton

Reaction score
hi my name is Justin and I live in Michigan, I made a batch of beer from one of those syrup mix's a long time ago but have since then stuck to hard cider. im getting back into brewing more now though and came across the this site. I currently have a batch of hard ginger beer going and plan on bottling it in one liter glass bottles with ez top lids. my recipe says to stop and bottle after two weeks and it should be around 4% abv but since I like it a little dry and wanted a higher alcohol content (6 to 8 percent would be ideal) I planned on letting it go until it quits bubbling and then add a half gallon or so suger water before I bottle it, let it sit for a day and then put it in the fridge to stop it from fermenting. I hope the carbonation will turn out ok, I figure with the ez caps I can check one every so often until it is right.

hi my name is Justin and I live in Michigan, I made a batch of beer from one of those syrup mix's a long time ago but have since then stuck to hard cider. im getting back into brewing more now though and came across the this site. I currently have a batch of hard ginger beer going and plan on bottling it in one liter glass bottles with ez top lids. my recipe says to stop and bottle after two weeks and it should be around 4% abv but since I like it a little dry and wanted a higher alcohol content (6 to 8 percent would be ideal) I planned on letting it go until it quits bubbling and then add a half gallon or so suger water before I bottle it, let it sit for a day and then put it in the fridge to stop it from fermenting. I hope the carbonation will turn out ok, I figure with the ez caps I can check one every so often until it is right.

Welcome where in Michigan are you? I'm in grand rapids.

I'm not sure if there is a "what are you currently fermenting" thread I will have to dig a bit but since this thread is about me it seemed like a good place to share. This is what I have going.

15 gallons of hard cider. Five of it is cms2bit's Apple pie turned cider recipe and the rest is just cider and yeast that I will back sweeten with different flavored frozen juice concentrated. These have been going for three weeks on this Tuesday

4 gallons of Apple wine. This is my first wine attempt and I started it tonight.

10 gallons of Apple cider vinegar. Yea I know it is a lot of vinegar but what else am I going to do with all this Apple cider? I have over 90 Apple trees at my disposal and you can only make so much alcohol. Next year I would like to get a 50 gallon used Jim beam barrel to do cider in.

About 3 gallons of sauerkraut with Apple's in it. (Yes more apples, don't even ask about my non fermenting preserves like Apple butter, Apple sauce, Apple bread, frozen shredded apples for pies and bread, Apple jelly........

Five gallon's of pickles that I just started picking at but need a couple more weeks to get a little more sour before they go into cold storage

One gallon of pink sauerkraut make with purple cabbage about a week into fermentation ( the big batch is ready now, it was a five gallon batch when I started it)

3 pound of garlic and two pound of carrot sticks being fermented together in a one gallon crock

About a half gallon off pepper mash. It was a gallon this morning until I made hot sauce. It will again be a gallon tomorrow when I grind more peppers and add to it.

And finally I will be fermenting tomato salsa for the first time starting tomorrow.

I'm not sure if there is a "what are you currently fermenting" thread I will have to dig a bit but since this thread is about me it seemed like a good place to share. This is what I have going.

15 gallons of hard cider. Five of it is cms2bit's Apple pie turned cider recipe and the rest is just cider and yeast that I will back sweeten with different flavored frozen juice concentrated. These have been going for three weeks on this Tuesday

4 gallons of Apple wine. This is my first wine attempt and I started it tonight.

10 gallons of Apple cider vinegar. Yea I know it is a lot of vinegar but what else am I going to do with all this Apple cider? I have over 90 Apple trees at my disposal and you can only make so much alcohol. Next year I would like to get a 50 gallon used Jim beam barrel to do cider in.

About 3 gallons of sauerkraut with Apple's in it. (Yes more apples, don't even ask about my non fermenting preserves like Apple butter, Apple sauce, Apple bread, frozen shredded apples for pies and bread, Apple jelly........

Five gallon's of pickles that I just started picking at but need a couple more weeks to get a little more sour before they go into cold storage

One gallon of pink sauerkraut make with purple cabbage about a week into fermentation ( the big batch is ready now, it was a five gallon batch when I started it)

3 pound of garlic and two pound of carrot sticks being fermented together in a one gallon crock

About a half gallon off pepper mash. It was a gallon this morning until I made hot sauce. It will again be a gallon tomorrow when I grind more peppers and add to it.

And finally I will be fermenting tomato salsa for the first time starting tomorrow.

Welcome! There is a place in your profile to put what you currently have in process. Just please keep it a reasonable size!

Back