Hello from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to contact my good friend who no longer lives up there but he informed me that it was not Crystal Falls... but Florence, WI which is, of course, on US 2 just 15 miles or so east of Crystal Falls. I do not know if they are still open nor do I recall the quality of their brew, however, if you are ever feeling adventuresome and get out there.... let us know what you think.

Oh, Nicolet Brewing closed ages ago. It wasn't open very long at all.

The only place to get a good brew in that area now is at lschiavo's house! ;)

Yep, my wife and I tried to stop at Nicolet Brewing for a beer on our way back from Green Bay. We followed the signs and found it, but the grass was over grown, and nobody was there. What a disappointment. Take the effing signs down you guys!

How long were they open?

Yep, my wife and I tried to stop at Nicolet Brewing for a beer on our way back from Green Bay. We followed the signs and found it, but the grass was over grown, and nobody was there. What a disappointment. Take the effing signs down you guys!

How long were they open?

I don't know. Not too long, but it may have been a year or two.

How long were they open?

The fact that you were able to find that place as well as it was hidden should have earned you a good brew!

Yeah, Nicholet still has a website even. Just a single page showing their pilsner, but misleading as I thought that it was opened for a while when I moved here myself.

I'm travelling to the Port Huron area next week. Any suggestions on local or regional beers I should get my hands on? Also, has anyone been to Quay St. Brewing Co. & Restaurant?

I'm travelling to the Port Huron area next week. Any suggestions on local or regional beers I should get my hands on? Also, has anyone been to Quay St. Brewing Co. & Restaurant?

For Quay St. the food is good and the beer is decent. I would suggest the Black River Stout. It's my favorite from there.

As for other local beers there are none.

Back