Hello from Melrose, MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakotaRules

Reaction score
Well I've been searching and using this site for awhile and figured it was about time to say hello. I moved from Denver, CO about 6 months back and am now working at a brewery here in MA. I've been brewing for about 3 years and am working on my 3rd system. Upgrading and replaceing from day one. Well as they say don't worry have a homebrew. If any local Brewers are near I would love to chat and possibly start local group of brewers.

I know them. Always wanted to stop in there after work when I worked up in Braintree...then I was laid off. I go to work on Cape now so maybe someday.

We do brewery tours every Friday 3:30 - 6:30 and Saturday from 2:00 - 6:00 with plenty of tastings!

Im sure I could work something out. Just PM me and we can start by getting a time and date estimate and go from there

Well I've been searching and using this site for awhile and figured it was about time to say hello. I moved from Denver, CO about 6 months back and am now working at a brewery here in MA. I've been brewing for about 3 years and am working on my 3rd system. Upgrading and replaceing from day one. Well as they say don't worry have a homebrew. If any local Brewers are near I would love to chat and possibly start local group of brewers.

http://mvcbrew.blogspot.com/

This is a local group that I have started to meet with.

Hello from Revere MA.
It's good to see fellow homebrewers in the area. I would be interested in joining a local group. I'm sure it would be helpful to be able to pick the brain of other homebrewers in the area. I have been brewing extract kits w/ specialty grains for a while now and am collecting the necessities to build an all-grain system. Welcome to the area.

Keith

Keith, I'm up in Melrose and do tastings at Blanchard's (15m min away). I am about to finally start brewing, as i have just about everything I want to control the process! This is my third set up and Im making the jump to pumps and chillers. I have always done 5 gallon batches and can let you know where I spent my money and where Im now upgrading and where I should have spent it at the beginning.

Thanks DR, I could use a steer in the right direction. I have accumulated 3 kegs with the tops cut off, a stainless false bottom and some angle iron to construct my stand. Being an extract brewer for so long, I am not all that familiar with all grain so I'm a bit unclear on where to go from here.

I go to Blanchard's in Revere. They have a great craft beer selection and they do tastings on Friday nights.

What do you do for Blue Hills Brewery? Sounds like a great place to work for a homebrewer.

Thanks DR, I could use a steer in the right direction. I have accumulated 3 kegs with the tops cut off, a stainless false bottom and some angle iron to construct my stand. Being an extract brewer for so long, I am not all that familiar with all grain so I'm a bit unclear on where to go from here.

Do you have burners, tubing, connections, valving, and cooling just to name a few things. This is the longest period of time since I haven't made a brew because I really want to get my new system dialed in perfectly before I brew.

I go to Blanchard's in Revere. They have a great craft beer selection and they do tastings on Friday nights.

Yes Blanchard's is great, Rich (beer geek, beer buyer) is a great guy and knows his stuff on all the beers he brings in.

What do you do for Blue Hills Brewery? Sounds like a great place to work for a homebrewer.

I'm a sales Rep for them covering the I-93 Beltway and surrounding areas. It is a really good job for a home brewer. I can pick the Brew Masters brain and plenty of samples.

I have only one burner which I use for my extract brews. It is a 220,000 BTU burner and I love it. It has cut down my brewing time tremendously compared to brewing on an electric stovetop. My wife had bought it for me from www.homebrewing.org for a christmas gift. I've got some stainless valves & fittings that I have been accumulating but I was thinking of going with tri clamp fittings instead for sanitary reasons. Thats about it so far.

I agree, Rich at Blanchard's is a great guy. He knows his stuff and is very enthusiastic when he sees a craft beer drinker browsing his section. I havent been in for the tastings lately, been picking up my son from his aunts house after work on Fridays.

Sounds like a sweet gig you got going at Blue Hills. I've got a friend that is a marketing guy for Long Trail. He loves it. Gotta love the craft breweries. They put out a great product and you know they had to have been started by guys like us, homebrewing in their garages or basements.

Got any pics of your brewing set up?

Latest posts

Back