Hello From Me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danthebum

Reaction score
Hi all...I live in the UK and I am quite new to this homebrewing. Got a bin and barrel for Christmas! Have just picked up 43 grolsch bottles and have filled them with a brown ale. Currently attempting a fruit ale (raspberry, redcurrent, blackberry and strawberry). I use kits for now and am just experimenting with them. Any advice is very welcome! I have taken to priming with powdered spray malt and tend to use brewing sugar or everyday castor sugar for fermenting.

We call "powdered spray malt" or spray dried extract malt DME,simply dried malt extract,or LME liquid malt extract. This'll make things more clearly understood. Kinda funny how English turned into American dialect over here. We prefer plain DME added to a beer rather than sugar generally. But sometimes,added sugar can be good for a drier beer that's a bit crisper. sometimes less really is more.
The red currant & raspberry sounds like it'd be good in a wheat beer...kinda like Leinenkugel's raspberry shandy or the like.

Back