Hello from Maesycrugiau, in West Wales.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Cooke

Reaction score
Hello I'm Dan.

yes that is the name of my little hamlet I didn't vomit on the keyboard.

I've been a country boy most of my life, even when I was working in London for a few years.
My partner and I moved to a small holding in Wales two years ago and although it is bloody hard work, and it really is when you both have full time jobs as well as the smallholding, but although it's hard work there is a lot of nice that comes from the land. We have 2 acres of our own but having done some work for one of our neighbours we rent/exchange/barter an extra 12.
We have pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, tukeys, ducks and geese. I also have my first hive which I populated with a captured swarm back in may. I haven't harvested honey from it this year as it was a virgin swarm but the colony have increased in numbers and should, hopefully, see the winter out and be ready to roll next year.

So brewing, I love cider and am rather partial to mead. We have planted a load of apple trees and I pollarded the knackered old fruitless pair of trees that were already here. I am hoping in the coming years to have some nice crops of apples as well as home sourced honey.

Back