Hello from Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulldawgBrew

Reaction score
Hello my name is Joe and I am from Iowa, I have been experimenting in the extract world for about 5 years now. I have been very disappointed in all my beers mainly due to extract twang. I am going to go all in and try all grain before hanging up my hat and just sticking to Coors Light...Just kidding. But seriously I want to get rid of the twang.. So I am going to do some digging an see what I can find out. Thank you all!

Welcome! I found advice here about adding the extract late in the boil that has proven to be great advice. Look around, it's a good place!
(..and might I add, Iowa. Iowa. That's cool, I'm from Illinois, and as far as I know, Iowa is the only state that borders Illinois that dosen't hate our freeking guts! Unless I just am unaware of it...) Welcome!
:mug:

I was just talking to a brewing buddy of mine who suggested adding LME later in the process. Going to try that next batch. I have always wondered about the age of the LME. But my kits were always sorta fresh. I am looking @ a new kettle with ball valve and thermometer. Then I will eve extract one good old fashion college try. I am set on all grain tho. Just have to work out the $$ part. Damn it sucks being a adult!

Back