Hello from Hillbilly Brewery, Sweden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dernebo

Reaction score
Thought I could just start with a presentation. We are three guys from sweden that have been brewing together since 2014. Our goal is to do our best and not to take any shortcuts. And since I like gadgets there is a lot of stuff in my garage right now.

We started with a 25l mashtun and a 36l boil kettle. I had everything in my garage and continued to read about homebrewing and kept building stuff. When we did our second brew I had already built a complete three vessel eHERMS-system. Almost all parts have been bought via eBay and stuff that I had laying around.
I then started building a control panel of an old PowerMAC G5 chassi. The system worked really well, but need more volume. ;)

So, Now I am upgrading the system to 3x100 litre vessels. The control panel has to be modified as well.

This is by far my biggest hobby right now and it is really interresting to experiment and see the result. There is no commersial plan about this, which is one of the first questions I get when I talk about it. The first question seems to be if it is legal. ;)

Mostly I have been active on swedish forums, but I thought I could say hello here as well. I really find it interresting to see other homebrewers solutions and trying to implement bits and pieces to our own rig.

Documentation about everything we do is done via Instagram at the moment. https://instagram.com/hillbillybrewery (@hillbillybrewery)

/Fredrik, Hillbilly Brewery, Sweden

Hej, Nice to see you here. With three 100 litre eHERMES you'll have an excellent hobby. Congratulations. Please let us know what your brewing from time to time. I'm always interested in other systems and brews.

I just learned that there's still a law on the books in Finland, from when it was under Swedish control, that each household must have 200 hop poles. Very interesting. What kinds of hops grow in Sweden?

Hej, Nice to see you here. With three 100 litre eHERMES you'll have an excellent hobby. Congratulations. Please let us know what your brewing from time to time. I'm always interested in other systems and brews.

I just learned that there's still a law on the books in Finland, from when it was under Swedish control, that each household must have 200 hop poles. Very interesting. What kinds of hops grow in Sweden?

Thanks. Hehe, yes I have heard about that old law. I don't know what hops are possible to grow here in sweden. I live in the north so I am pretty sure no hops will be happy here. I know of people in the south of sweden that are growing hops thou.

Well... Right now I have three buckets fermenting. One clone of Oppigårds Indian Tribute, and the other two are the result of our brewday last sunday. First time we tried partigyle and the result was one batch of 25l OG 1.082 and the second one was 20 litres OG 1.050. One DIPA and one IPA.

First time with the new 100l mashtun as well. really pleased with it. I installed a 180cm lauterhelix in it and I could recirculate the wort with my chugger in full speed.

Back