Hello From Hatfield, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill"sDamnBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 50 but very new to brewing. I just tasted my first result, just a basic Amber Ale. My wife, quite the beer snob, said it tasted like Budweiser. I told her that Bud is the #2 most consumed beer in the world, so I'll take that a s a compliment. I wanted to start out simple. I promise to search every question I have before posting any questions. I'm sure one of you experienced guys or gals have come across almost any scenario that I may come across. I just have to say that HomebrewTalk is awesome!

Welcome to the hobby obsession!

And yeah, you're in the right place.
It surely doesn't hurt to do some research, getting the scope and a perspective on things. But don't let that shy you away from posting. Remember, even if every question has been answered being it once, twice, 10 times or over a 100 times, your case may be unique in its own way.

Welcome aboard from a fellow Pa’er. Although I’m now in SC.
I miss Pa but I got brewing to keep me busy down here.
Tons of great info and reading to do on here. 99% of the time I’m just here reading old posts. Always lots of good info.

Funny coincidence.
Just realized, from your subject title, you're in Hatfield, PA.

I went to the auction house there, about 15 years ago, trying to score some photographic equipment, which turned out to be a futile effort, but a worthwhile experience, because I still remember as if it was yesterday.

When driving through, most of the town does smell like ham.

Funny coincidence.
Just realized, from your subject title, you're in Hatfield, PA.

I went to the auction house there, about 15 years ago, trying to score some photographic equipment, which turned out to be a futile effort, but a worthwhile experience, because I still remember as if it was yesterday.

When driving through, most of the town does smell like ham.

That would be the Hatfield Quality Meats plant, home of the Smiling Porker. When I make a porter, I’m calling it Smiling Porker Porter. 😂

Back