Hello from Finland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syncrouser

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've just joined up as a relative newbie to homebrewing.

I live in the south of Finland, and am currently brewing from extract kits, to save money over shop-bought booze, but hoping to move onto something more involved one day.

Welcome!! Love the addiction myself. You can't go wrong with the recipes and advice on this forum.

Cheers. Also hoping to find the most compact way of doing all this, as at the moment I'm limited to the space under the stairs, and it's filling up fast.

Greetings syncrouser, from a finlander in Michigan. Very strong Finnish ties up in my area. I still have yet to make a good Sahti style beer.

Greetings syncrouser, from a finlander in Michigan. Very strong Finnish ties up in my area. I still have yet to make a good Sahti style beer.

Although I am an Englishman, moved here a couple of years ago. The mainstream shop-sold beer isn't up to much IMO, but there are some really good small breweries here, just starting to be sold in the supermarkets nationwide. My favourite (so far) being Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas, and Nokian Panimo.

Check out this link if you are interested in going All Grain. I just went AG two weeks ago and there is alot of info on this link. Have a Good One.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/moving-extract-all-grain-schwarzbier-256138/

Thanks jcbrew. I have to confess that I'm struggling to turn out consistent extract brews from beer kits, so I'm taking small steps towards the more complex stuff. It will happen I'm sure. Seems like, from reading a fair bit on this forum, that the info I will need is all here.

Right now, my first job is looking for some kind of temperature control for my fermenter. It's going nuts in the heat at the moment.

Back