hello from denver colorado!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonlee247

Reaction score
hi, i'm new at brewing, have one brew under my belt (an Autumn Amber Ale), and three more fermenting now.
So far my equipment consists of 4 x 6.5gal bucket primary fermenters, 2 x secondary fermenters, bottling bucket, bottling stuff, but i'm always finding myself looking for the next thing. I'm already interested in partial mash, and making my 'own' recipes.

So far i like what i've seen here, and hope i can soak it all up.:rockin:

Welcome, we hope you can soak it up too!

Welcome! Bet you don't have any problems with cold crashing this time of year :)

Haha, you bet. I havent tried it yet, but my garage stays just above freezing...about 36 or so. I have a rubbermaid tub in there for cooling my wort faster than using ice in the sink. It never freezes, but you wouldn't want to have your hand in it for more than a second. I think that the larger volume of water helps chill faster. What benefits would i gain from cold crashing? Does it dramatically help clarify the beer?
Thanx for stopping by!

Welcome, we hope you can soak it up too!

I've already started. Woohoo!

Thanx for saying hi.

Welcome. It looks like you're starting out right with four primaries. That capacity will help you stay brewing and not worrying about your one and only batch.

Thank you.

Welcome. It looks like you're starting out right with four primaries. That capacity will help you stay brewing and not worrying about your one and only batch.

My thoughts exactly. Plus i can drink two cases alot quicker than it takes to make em'. Lol. my only problem now is that i havent accumulated enough bottles yet, and i'm too cheap to but new ones right now.
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi.

Bottles, with all the breweries and pubs in Denver, you should have no problem getting a proper supply. Love the Falling Rock Tap House. Quite easy to get bombed and still dream of all the other possible beers on tap.

Bottles, with all the breweries and pubs in Denver, you should have no problem getting a proper supply. Love the Falling Rock Tap House. Quite easy to get bombed and still dream of all the other possible beers on tap.

Hey thanx for stopping by, and great tip. I didn't even think of that. i'll have to check out my local pub, then go from there. Sweeet!:ban:

Latest posts

Back