Hello from Clinton, CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticBear

Reaction score
Hey all,

New brewer here from Clinton, CT. I just made my first batch last night and it turned out to be a slight disaster... it's amazing how quick you can learn the right way to do things after you've messed it up the first time haha.

I'm following through with my first batch in an attempt to make something consumable, but I will be refining my skills some and attempting another batch some time next week.

I'm open to any advice and suggestions and want to gather as much info on here as i can get, I've heard nothing but great things

First batch was an attempt at a chocolate cherry porter recipe from a brew supplier back home in Mass.

I'm a big micro-brew drinker and enjoy almost every type of beer so I figured it would be fun to brew some of my own

Welcome, congrats, and what better way to learn what not to do. There is a wealth of knowledge on here. Read up and ask questions(search first). There are several good books in print as well. John Palmer's "How To Brew" and "Brewing Classic Styles" by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer are 2 good ones to start off with.

Welcome, congrats, and what better way to learn what not to do. There is a wealth of knowledge on here. Read up and ask questions(search first). There are several good books in print as well. John Palmer's "How To Brew" and "Brewing Classic Styles" by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer are 2 good ones to start off with.

thank you, and ive been scouring this site for hours now and my head is spinning haha.

there are some great write ups that make me want to attempt to do some all grain brews for the next batch, i just need another pot and a larger carboy, i'm waiting for the LHBS to open up on wednesday night.

I have the John Palmer book, I think I should remove myself from this site until I read the book because I'm finding myself jumping around all over and not fully understanding everything I'm reading... I'm like a kid in a beer flavored candy shop haha

Back