Hello from Cincinnati

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queen City Brewing

Reaction score
I’ve finally decided to start brewing beer again. It has been quite sometime since I brewed at home.

I ordered the 1 gallon starter kit from Northern Brewer with a brew kettle, and thermometer. The kit comes with the Caribou Slobber.

I also ordered the White House Honey Porter and will brew that beer first.

Welcome back to the greatest hobby in the world. [emoji39] If you’re interested in meeting fellow home brewers in Cincinnati the Bloatarian Brewing League (BBL) meets the third Friday of the month at the Norwood Senior Center. This months meeting is about dark beers. Come check it out. Meeting starts at 7:00pm. Bring homebrew to share if you have it or the commercial beer if you don’t.

Hope to see you there.

https://www.bloatarian.com/

Welcome back to the greatest hobby in the world. [emoji39] If you’re interested in meeting fellow home brewers in Cincinnati the Bloatarian Brewing League (BBL) meets the third Friday of the month at the Norwood Senior Center. This months meeting is about dark beers. Come check it out. Meeting starts at 7:00pm. Bring homebrew to share if you have it or the commercial beer if you don’t.

Hope to see you there.

https://www.bloatarian.com/

That sounds awesome. I work 2nd shift, Monday through Friday so if I can get those days off, I’ll check it out. Porters and Stouts are my favorites!.

Hi and welcome to HBT from Cleveland!

Thank you!.

Good news everyone. My order from Northern Brewer is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday. My first brew day on my return to home brewing will be this upcoming Saturday evening if all goes to plan.

I think I will leave it in the primary for 2 weeks, carb in the bottles for 2 weeks, then cold condition for 1 week. I would imagine that it will be tasting great at that point.

I'm wondering if I should refrigerate the Caribou Slobber kit including the yeast while I wait. I will probably brew it the Saturday after bottling the White House Honey Porter.

Good news everyone. My order from Northern Brewer is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday. My first brew day on my return to home brewing will be this upcoming Saturday evening if all goes to plan.

I think I will leave it in the primary for 2 weeks, carb in the bottles for 2 weeks, then cold condition for 1 week. I would imagine that it will be tasting great at that point.

I'm wondering if I should refrigerate the Caribou Slobber kit including the yeast while I wait. I will probably brew it the Saturday after bottling the White House Honey Porter.

Definitely throw the yeast in the refrigerator, but no need to throw the rest of it in there.

Welcome from Indiana.... love Cincy. Wife and I go there for a long weekend at least once a year. Usually stay on the Newport side.
LOVE Fifty West Brewing, a must lunch spot and a couple brews. As well as an evening at Rhiengeist.
We like Cincy enough we may very well retire there in a few years

Back