Hello from Chitown!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ti28

Reaction score
Hey guys, hows it going? I've been snooping around long enough, it was time to join. I just got into brewing this Sunday, bought a kit from Midwest showed up Saturday Morning and well about 3:30 pm Sunday I took the plunge.

I've got myself quite the list of hobbies now, rock climbing, drag racing and now brewing.

I got myself; 5 gallons of a partial mash Irish red ale going right now. I can't wait to rack it and start a new batch. Looking foward to reading a bunch of stuff. I have and still am reading, kinda of following "Revs?" methods for right now. Because he mad stuff seem simple.

Figured I'd say hello! :mug:

Welcome. Depending on where you live Chicagoland Winemakers might be close enough to you should you need something immediately. They are in Elmhurst on North Avenue...or maybe that's Villa Park.

Congrats on your first batch

Welcome. Depending on where you live Chicagoland Winemakers might be close enough to you should you need something immediately. They are in Elmhurst on North Avenue...or maybe that's Villa Park.

Congrats on your first batch

Live in Bartlett, I work in Elk grove. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you, from looking at their site they seem more of a "grow".

The "Grow" is definitely the larger part of the shop, but they have all the ingredients I need for now. I don't think they are too expensive. I found it to be much better than Winemakers in Elmhurst. Winemakers looked dirty, and I suspect the freshness of their ingredients. I have seen a turnover in the kits at Brew and Grow, so I assume the other stuff is turning over too.
It is an addiction.

Cool thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check'em out on the way home one night from work.

If I wasn't told, and just looked at their web-page I wouldn't even bother going.

The "Grow" is definitely the larger part of the shop, but they have all the ingredients I need for now. I don't think they are too expensive. I found it to be much better than Winemakers in Elmhurst. Winemakers looked dirty, and I suspect the freshness of their ingredients. I have seen a turnover in the kits at Brew and Grow, so I assume the other stuff is turning over too.
It is an addiction.

I'll have to defend Winemakers here- the place isn't dirty, it is just an old storefront. Ive never had a problem with anything from there and since I've been going to them they have since expanded their inventory so something must be going right. I actually think I might head to brew & grow (the new store) this evening to see what that's all about.

Howdy--and welcome to the madness! I've found that, much like everyone else on here and the other boards, that home brewing is a great obsession...I mean HOBBY to get into. Great people, great work, and GREAT results!

I'm in the Chicagoland area myself--out in Naperville. Just moved out from the north side of the City proper--so am getting nice and comfortable with having home brew supply stores that are a lot easier to get to!

I hope your next batch turns out awesomely!

Howdy--and welcome to the madness! I've found that, much like everyone else on here and the other boards, that home brewing is a great obsession...I mean HOBBY to get into. Great people, great work, and GREAT results!

I'm in the Chicagoland area myself--out in Naperville. Just moved out from the north side of the City proper--so am getting nice and comfortable with having home brew supply stores that are a lot easier to get to!

I hope your next batch turns out awesomely!

Hello! Nice video, so you brew with the girls dad? That's focking awesome!

Back