Hello, from central Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhibes

Reaction score
Hello, from Canal Winchester Oh., I am excited to be a part of HBT.

Started my first 5 gal. Raspy Wheat this week. If anybody has some
success/horror stories about fruited beers, I would like to hear them.

Happy (and safe) brewing.

Welcome CW, OH - east side of Cincy here (us Ohio new guys gotta stick together).

Fruit beers - Many years ago, I made a Cranberry Belgian Wit which came out good. I also made a Chocolate Cherry Stout which was awesome, but tedious to make (pitted and cut up 15 pounds of cherries by hand). It freaked people out because it was deep black but had a pink head.

Dr Phibes welcome to the forum. When I first saw your name I was remembering a great series of horror movies(Dr. Phebes) that used to be played late nite in the Cinti area. I'm a native Ohioan but moved to northern Kentucky about 5 years ago. Lots of great info here:rockin: !! Check out the Wiki on the top left of the homepage. Every time I check there I find something new. Wecome again and best of luck on your 1st Brew :mug: RR

Finished brewing my batch on 05/29 @ 1:30 AM... yes AM, bubbling started late on 05/29, I attribute this to the tailored WYEAST. Still bubbling 05/30. Bubbling calmed down on 05/31. Will transfer to secondary 06/05.

_For Primary
Crystal #10, 1.1 LB
Alexanders Wheat Syrup, 4 LB
Briess Northwest - Wheat DME, 2 LB
Hallertauer NB, bitter,1 OZ
Hallertauer NB, finish, .5 OZ
American Wheat WYEAST XL, 125ML

OG 1.050

_For Secondary
Frozen Raspberries, Unsweetened, 48oz.

Latest posts

Back