Hello from Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scaffologist

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland. For those of you who don't know where that is, it's an island province in Atlantic Canada. I have been brewing wine and unmentionables for a couple years now. An injury put me off work for the summer, and since a dozen mainstream beer here goes for 23 bucks, putting my brewing gear to work making beer seemed like the best way to go. I'm hooked now, and I don't plan on buying beer again if I don't have to. I've already learned lots reading this forum, and I can see there is lots of knowledge on here to draw from. Looking forward to drawing from that knowledge to make better beer every batch!

Welcome! I'm from St. Johns, Michigan and have a deep respect and admiration for Canadians!

Is it bad that all I picture when somebody mentions Canada and Beer is the movie Strange Brew? :) I'm kidding! Sounds fun about the unmentionables here in southern VA a lot of people mention these :)

tommyboy937 said:
Is it bad that all I picture when somebody mentions Canada and Beer is the movie Strange Brew? :) I'm kidding! Sounds fun about the unmentionables here in southern VA a lot of people mention these :)

Yeah, it's pretty common here too. In my little home town the general store doesn't stock much in rum but they can't keep sugar and yeast on the shelves

Welcome!

Im in St. John's NL too. Been brewing all grain for a year and a half all after one extract batch. There's a homebrew club starting soon from some of the customers at brewery lane, I can give ya some info if ya like.

Not sure that I will have time for a club, but post the info anyway. I'm gonna be going back to work al long harbour shortly and that will take up a lot of my time.

Hello from Southern Ontario.Brantford here.Enjoying all the info on here and have my first all grain batch fermenting as i speak!.

Back