Hello from Buffalo, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MW66

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, actually I live just east of the city, but part of the greater Buffalo area. Here, where we like our wings hot and our beer cold :rockin:

I started homebrewing in the early 90's, entered some contests and won some cool medals, and then gave it up for a good 12 years because I was living in an apartment and it was a bit cramped. But, now I have a house, a wife, and a little boy....err...homebrewer.... on the way.

I'll be at the Buffalo Brewfest next Friday sampling some fine beverages in all my glory.

This is a great website!

Used to live in Tonowanda. First ever beer I made I got the kit from Niagara Homebrew about 10 years ago. Is that place still around?

Niagara Tradition is still alive and kicking. Was there yesterday picking up a picnic tap and some specialty grains. They seem to be doing well as there was a constant flow of customers coming and going while I was there.

Can't do the brewfest as I have a golf tournament earlier that day. Live in cheektowaga myself
Huge_Pink_Flamingo_Set_of_2.jpg
(no, I don't have them in my yard!)

Welcome!!!

Good to see you got back into the hobby.

Buffalo has become quite a beer place lately.

Niagara Tradition is still alive and kicking. Was there yesterday picking up a picnic tap and some specialty grains. They seem to be doing well as there was a constant flow of customers coming and going while I was there.

Niagara Traditions that was it! Couldn't remember it exactly. They were my first LBSH. I bought all my starter equipment there for extract brews when I first got into it.

All this talk of Buffalo makes me want some wings. But they are hard to find done right anywhere else. There are many "buffalo" (as they are called elsewhere) wings imitators around the country that are decent, some that are even good. But none of them quite replicate the true experience. A generic, no name strip mall pub in Buffalo has better wings then just about anywhere else in the country. IMO.

Yes, Niagara Traditions was my LHBS many, many years ago when they started a little store in Niagara Falls. The owner (husband) is now the mayor of Niagara Falls, NY. I remember a few evening tastings with Paul and local homebrewers at the store. I work in Orchard Park a stone's throw from the Bills Stadium, but I live in Alden, NY.

Buffalobrewer: CheektoVegas....yes, classic. Where's the gazing ball and the Holy Mary in the vertical bathtub (aka half shell)?

Latest posts

Back