Hello from Barnsley in England!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squidge59

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm very new to beer/lager making and have been inspired by my brother! I've made a fermenting fridge which I'm quite proud of but need general advice on bits and bobs which I've found whilst browsing on this excellent website....love it!

Hi everyone, I'm very new to beer/lager making and have been inspired by my brother! I've made a fermenting fridge which I'm quite proud of but need general advice on bits and bobs which I've found whilst browsing on this excellent website....love it!

Funny, I was just watching a clip of that old movie Kes right before I came here and saw your post. Filmed in Barnsley, I believe.

I'm originally from Todmorden, but now in Canada. Welcome to HBT.

Hey up Squidge59.
I made my first post here yesterday in the BIAB forum as an introduction.
My family still live around Huddersfield, but I came over to the US in '72, fresh out of the Army.
Been brewing for some 35 years or so, and have learned a lot. Be happy to share if you think I can help.
Welcome.

Thanks you lovely lot, seems there's a few Yorkshire folk on here too! Reckon I'll be bottling next Wednesday so I'll try and post an update on my first effort!

Lol thx, fun run had to drink all of it before crossing the finish line. Well you know I had to do it :)

Anyone brewing with rice flakes. Had a stuck sparge from them. Last weekend.2 lbs of rice hulls didn’t help.

Hey up RL.
If you are using a cooler Mash Tun system, you could remove all those drilled pipes, filters, screens, and what have you, and replace them with a bag. You won't have to worry about a stuck sparge any more, and you could do a finer crush to boot.

Hey up RL.
If you are using a cooler Mash Tun system, you could remove all those drilled pipes, filters, screens, and what have you, and replace them with a bag. You won't have to worry about a stuck sparge any more, and you could do a finer crush to boot.

Or don't replace, and use it in addition to. I used to BIAB and inherited a cooler mash tun with a SS braid as a filter and kept using a bag. I've never had a stuck sparge or runoff in my life.

Welcome to HBT!

Brilliant Lowtones84.
Give the hardest problem / job to the laziest man.
He'll find the easiest way to do it.
(Not inferring you're lazy mate), it's something my Tiffy said to me.

Brilliant Lowtones84.
Give the hardest problem / job to the laziest man.
He'll find the easiest way to do it.
(Not inferring you're lazy mate), it's something my Tiffy said to me.

Oh you can infer that I'm lazy. Pretty accurate most of the time.

Welcome from Florida, the place where old people come to die and old trailers come to live!

Latest posts

Back