Hello Forum!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewNate

Reaction score
My name is Nate and I live in Tampa, FL. Over the last several years I have become engrossed in craft brews and trying all that is out there. There are several home brew clubs in my area, as well as a few outstanding local breweries (Cigar City, Dunedin Brewery, 7th Sun, etc.). I guess I finally figured it was time to start drinking others and try to start making my own!

Hey Nate , I'm new myself, from Australia. Like you a love of craft Brews pointed me in the direction of Home Brewing.

Looking forward to hearing what you've got on the boil in future !

Welcome and congrats. Did you buy any equipment yet, or still doing reasearch?

Yeah, I actually brewed my first batch this past Sunday! My wife bought me a high quality brew kit for Xmas that was put together by a local brew shop. Many say start easy on your first brew but I said screw it... I started with a 5 gallon batch of a Green Flash West Coast IPA clone recipe that I found, which included a specialty grain steep, secondary fermentation and loads of various hops. I figured I might as well make something I will thoroughly enjoy drinking.. if it turns out right :)

Back