Hello folks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_BBQ_Brewer

Reaction score
Howdy!

I started homebrewing at a very young age when my father was big into it. He ended up becoming the brewmaster at Cottrell Brewing Company in Pawcatuck, CT shortly thereafter. Sadly, he was stricken with Lupus and was forced to retire early :(.

Anyway, fast forward many years later and you come to me... 34 years old, 2 young daughters, and an amazing wife. I decided to get back into brewing and trying to make something of it. It's just as fun as I remember it, only I'm now old enough to drink it, heh.

If I'm not working, brewing, or being with my family - I professionally BBQ (catering and competition), and I belong to the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS). Hopefully I can make something of both one day... But hey, we all have dreams, no?

Welcome! from south east of tucson!

I decided to get back into brewing and trying to make something of it.

110px-Ethanol-3D-balls.png

all are good buddy round here....

Welcome! From Oakland, CA
I got into making cider mostly because my Grandmother made mead from the honey she collected from her hives. I want to keep the tradition alive so I'm hoping that my daughter gets interested. I figured cider was cheaper to make so I started there. Anyhow, probably over christmas break, she and I will whip up a mead (I know, we should have had one READY for christmas, but...), maybe we will drink it the following christmas?

Back