Hello all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byfbo2000

Reaction score
I have been lurking this site for weeks straight. I have been wanting to try my hand at making beer for a very long time! I have no equipment yet or even the space to do so. I am in the middle of buying a bigger home for my family. I make my money by cad programming and running cnc lasers. I am currently at work goofing off while my machines run. I have so many ideas from this site its hard to find a place to start. My goals are (if I find that I am good at/like making beer) Get into kegging instead of bottling, go to an all grain after several tries of extract brewing, and eventually go way overboard like it seems most do here and make a crazy ass rube goldberg inspired brewing contraption. I have lots to learn and lots of mistakes to make, but it would seem this is the best place to start getting informed!

Roy

Hi Roy, welcome to HBT. All grain is easier than you think. You may already have a cooler you could use and then it's just a couple bucks for a stainless braid from Amazon or Lowes and you're in business. I don't even have a valve on mine, just the little click shut white plastic clamp. I've about killed it, but my mash tun was under $15 since I already had a cooler and I've gotten well over 50 brews out of it.

If you haven't already, find a homebrew club in your area and go to a meeting. I'm sure you'll find that almost everyone there would be happy to have you over for a brew day and it's much easier to learn in person than online.

Cheers and good luck!

Thanks! Yeah I have been looking at what everyone has been using for equipment and it runs the price range gamut lol! I'm tryin to get some things that I make sold or traded so I can get some items to get started. Tryin to get stuff with out using my checking or credit accnts lol!

Back