Hello all and quick co2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roeschu

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Roeschu and I am an alcoholic, oops I mean anonymous home brewer :).

I have done 2 Autumn Amber's and a Liberty Pale Ale. All of which have gone over great with the family and Friends.

Have a Dunkel Rye Son and a Vanilla Porter on deck.

Now that I got my draft kegging system, I am getting ready to start another batch.

Now for the CO2?
Since I just got my new tank, my local place just exchanges them. Am I being a little too anal wanting to keep my new tank since it hasn't even been used yet? Or is this just standard practice?

Thanks for your help and thanks for all of the tips in the forums. Hope to get to know a few of you a bit better.

Find a new place. :D Seriously, it depends on where you take it whether they'll fill and return or exchange. Of the two places I go to, both fill and return my tanks.

I was the same way when I first started with my kegerator but at the end of the day the tank is inside the fridge so I'll never see it. The closest place that I found to fill my tank was 30 min away and the store that would exchange them was 5 min. It really depends on what is going to work for you.

One place I used to go to would refill my tanks, but I had to leave them over night.

Now I have a closer place that does it while I watch. 15 mins total.

pb --- Welcome to the addiction!:mug:

To me this rates right up there with buying a new keg cause the others have scratches. I swap my 20# out for $24

This is weird to me,.. my first refill was around $30 for a 29lb & 5lb. Then it was like $28 for just a 20lb'er.

Last week I took 2, 20 lb'ers and the total was $21. WTF?

pb --- Not complaining, just scratchin' my head.

To me this rates right up there with buying a new keg cause the others have scratches. I swap my 20# out for $24

I swap mine, but at first I wanted to keep my shiny aluminum tank. The aluminum tanks are much lighter, and look better.

I took it to have it filled a number of times, but then started swapping. A 5# tank is $9.30, and a 20# tank is $14.85.

I swapped a 20# tank today, and I got an ugly steel tank (which is even heavier!). I don't care- because I no longer have to worry about hydro testing or any other maintenance issue! I didn't think about that before, but since it's been about 6 years since I started kegging, that comes into play as well.

I have a couple of 5# tanks and one 20# tank. I no longer care if they are attractive, as long as they are cheap. It's about 2 miles to swap, 50 miles (each way) to fill. Swapping works!

Man. I live in SW florida and to swap a 5# co2 is $25. Airgas is the name of the company. I don't feel good about that! Some places i called before wanted back ground checks and was even more money. Ill have to keep looking.

Man. I live in SW florida and to swap a 5# co2 is $25. Airgas is the name of the company. I don't feel good about that! Some places i called before wanted back ground checks and was even more money. Ill have to keep looking.

It seems they've been steadily raising prices. It's gone from like $15/5# swap (a couple years ago) to $28/5# swap at my closest Airgas! I'll probably look in to the fire extinguisher place next time.

I was the same way when I first started with my kegerator but at the end of the day the tank is inside the fridge so I'll never see it. travel banking The closest place that I found to fill my tank was 30 min away and the store that would exchange them was 5 min. It really depends on what is going to work for you.

Back