Hello after all these years from Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
I have been a member and lurker on these forums for a long time. I logged in today and saw a PM asking where I'd been. I replied and figured I should post my reply on the introduction board as well. So hello everyone. This website has helped me immensely for a long time.

soundguy said:
TxBrew said:
It's been a while since you joined us on HomeBrewTalk.

Are you still brewing? Brewed any good beers lately?

Like I said it's just been a while since I've seen you on so I'm wanting to check up.

It's good to hear from you.

Tx

This was most likely an automated message but I will reply anyways.

I have been brewing lots for the last few years and have lurked on the forums many, many times when I had brewing questions. I logged in today for the first time in a *long* time to ask some questions about a berliner I'm planning.

I have been on a sour kick lately. I've made a couple half way decent one and a few terrible ones over the last couple years, I have decided it's time to make some good ones. 4 have been started in the last 2 months, there are plans/ideas for at least 3 more. I probably should space them out a bit though. I figured it would be a good idea to become active on brewing forums and maybe start some sort of blog to catalog my quest for the perfect sour because making them seems nowhere near as straightforward as clean beer.

Clean beer is my main love though. Some quick math says my brewing partner and I have on average brewed a batch about every 13 days for the last 5 years. Though 2014 was the lightest brewing year since I have started.

Just killed my kegs of wet hop ale and IPA. Still working on my Summer 2013 barley wine, Belgian Pale, and saison. I have a new recipe of bitter in primary now and my annual imperial stout is aging. My next batch will be my first attempt at Ed Wort's Pale Ale, I think it is my 4th time brewing a recipe that isn't my own. I started designing recipes on my 3rd batch, probably not the best idea as lots not great decisions were made, but inspiration from here and other websites and well as Designing Great Beers helped immensely.

Thanks for reading bot, maybe I'll post this in an introduction forum or thread as well, I assume there is one here.

Good for you. Most people talk (post) too much and do (brew) too little. Uh, including me of course.

Back