Hefeweizen recipe for a noob!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisCheco

Reaction score
I wonder if any of you out there have a really good Hefeweizen recipe with very good and detailed instructions. If possible a Franziskaner clone recipe.

Some people said to try Malt recipe first and to do it for a few times then go for AG recipe when I feel comfortable enough.
So, if you guys have any Hefe Extract recipe (with very detailed procedures/instructions, tips) that will be great.

When I mean very detailed recipe, please include every I need to know:
  • Recipe Type(Extract, All Grain, etc.)
  • Yeast
  • Yeast Starter (if needed, I will order Dry Yeast because of the ditance of delivery)
  • Batch Size (Gallons)
  • Original Gravity
  • Final Gravity
  • Boiling Time (Minutes)
  • Color
  • Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
  • Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)- If needed
  • Brewing Instructions (when to add ingredients, hops, yeast, when to do it, etc.)

Sorry if I'm been to picky with the instructions.:p:D I don’t live in US, which means I don’t have a Local Brew Store near me where I can buy new ingredients if a mess up. There no culture of "home brewing" in my country.

You may not know but there is a recipe section to this website, just click on "recipes" which is just to the right of the "forum" tab. Most of the recipes should have all of the info you are looking for and if not you can send a message to the thread starter. Even if the original recipe is AG usually someone converts it to extract.

Back