Heavy Metal and Craft Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnDeadPresident

Reaction score
It's only sold in Sweden as of now, but hopefully we can try Motorhead's Bastards Lager in the states soon.

:rockin::mug:

It's only sold in Sweden as of now, but hopefully we can try Motorhead's Bastards Lager in the states soon.

:rockin::mug:

I would love to try that (or pretty much any listed in the article) some time. I'll have to see if I know anyone going to Sweden any time soon. This one's another that would sell an arm to get but I'll probably never get my hands on. :( Mastodon's one of my favorite bands and the beer sounds great.

Love this:

"Let’s be honest: You’re probably more likely to take illegal substances while you listen tothe heavy metal band Mastodon."

What the hell this beer needs to be available in my area at least! Being from Atlanta Mastadon is like a hometown band in Georgia-Carolina. They put on a great show btw, all of them are very talented

wait, all of those reviews are from the states, it must be around somewhere!

wait, all of those reviews are from the states, it must be around somewhere!

Looks like there's a store in Charleston, SC that has at least carried it in the past at least so you could possibly find a bottle. Seems like the Eastern half of the US has been able to get some, nothing remotely near me though :/ I still can't find much, if any, 3 Floyds out here, so most of those mentioned in the article are out of reach.

Oh yea I've been to the beer exchange, I'll have to look for it. I'm more jealous of what's available in your state. I got family out in Denver, haven't seen them or the slopes in a few years, need to make it out more often

Oh yea I've been to the beer exchange, I'll have to look for it. I'm more jealous of what's available in your state. I got family out in Denver, haven't seen them or the slopes in a few years, need to make it out more often

Yeah, we have a ton of great beers out here. The best beer store I've been to was in Mountain View, CA though. If you ever find yourself out there, check it out. They had a great selection, and had quite a few metal-themed beers. If you find yourself out this way, check out TRVE Brewing's tasting room. First time I walked in I felt like I was home. Black walls, one long table in the middle and metal blasting at the bar.

That is so awesome! Here's a thread that I started discussing why I think that metal and beer are alike: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/why-i-think-metal-music-like-beer-421745/

Have to be more careful about naming my beers now that there is apparently a brewery that does that already :(

Great thread. I think your post sums up a lot of the points the article makes too. Glad to see there are a lot of metalheads on here too.

Back