HBT Musicians

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CattleRancher

Reaction score
I can't be the only one here that's a musician. I searched for a guitarists or musicians thread and came up empty handed(I'm using the mobile app).

Myself, i play pretty much any instrument you put in front of me. Guitar and singing being my primary.

Anyone else around?

I'm a full time performer and music teacher (voice/piano/guitar)! I sing with the Austin Opera company. I used play in bands in high school and college. I was just thinking about starting a musicians' thread :rockin:

Yup. Instrument in photo is primary, plus electric bass and some guitar. Been playing a lot of clarinet, flute, and alto sax recently as I do my student teaching with a middle school band director.

Music(and connected friends) has led me to jamming out with some of my favorite artists.

There's nothing quite like that feeling you get when you take the stage. It's pretty amazing.

Another guitarist here! I play a lot of old school roots blues and I'm intending to learn some bluegrass banjo here soon

Bari and Tenor Sax, Electric Bass, and I noodle with homemade synths/circuit bending.

Guitar, mandolin, bass (electric & upright), steel guitar, square-neck resophonic, sing. I like to play my mandolin when I brew, fiddle tunes mostly - specifically an old song called Liberty. Still play gigs frequently but my better days are behind me as I would rather be at home & I don't like staying up late, anymore. Getting old...

Guitarist for the last 19 years. I play other things as well. I have a drum set, midi controller, mandolin and a violin. I can also play the bass. I took trombone lessons when I was a kid. Backup vocals and karaoke too, lol.

I need to start a new band soon...

I play guitar and piano well enough to amuse myself, and loud enough to annoy those around me. I think we've got seven guitars, acoustic and electric pianos, a violin and I just picked up a "boutique re-issue" Jupiter 8 synthesizer. Not bad for a three-person house, although I have friends who can actually play music who have truly mind-boggling collections of instruments.

Count me in, I just retired from a secondary career as a luthier and am concentrating on playing again as I did when much younger. Working on a repertoire of solo tunes but like to do a little jammin when I can as well. Guitars and various things to hit, strum or poke or shake.

I know enough to bash away on a few chords while I'm home alone. I harbor no illusions of having skills.

I play some guitar. Keep telling myself I'm going get back in it hard again, as soon as the 3 children get older. lol. We see soon. I'm from Louisiana.

Piano and Guitar for me. I play classical piano for fun, gospel piano for church, rhythm guitar for a swing band, and lead guitar for a death metal band. Used to sing for a barbershop quartet too. Can't make this stuff up. Good times!

Started playing guitar just over two years ago, and love it. Now I play weekly at church with a group of anywhere between 1 - 7 other people. I've found that has helped me improve dramatically, learning to play with other people and instruments.

Have a few different guitars for different occasions now. Bought a cheap one on CL which I'm going to "Relic" and make it look like it's been through the war, then hang up on the wall for decoration.

I mostly just play guitar and sing, although I can do a little on the banjo and piano. I play the trumpet pretty well too.

My Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Studio Edition, with an ebony fret board.

IMG_2120.jpg

Ummm are you my dad? You literally just described my dad. He also plays Flugel Horn for an English Brass band.

What corps are you with?

I don't have any kids, that I know of...

I picked up the soprano to play with Syracuse Brigadiers before they folded. It was the most amazing group of musicians I have ever met. Every now and then I go mercenary for the university band when they need a horse to fill stadiums. I wasn't given much attention in school, so most of my confidence playing trumpet came from my professor and trying to show up peers in the athletic bands. High notes and ear splitting power... not overly technical or smooth. I like it that way.

Your dad sounds pretty cool :cool:

I started off on sax in middle and high school. When I got to college the marching band manager said to me, "We don't need any more damn saxes. This is a baritone horn. That guy over there is named Scott. He'll teach you to play it." So now I do low brass, too. After college, I got into playing pit orchestras, so I picked up clarinet and bassoon as well. I'm currently playing trombone with the California Repercussions, a large semi-marching band based in northern California. We perform about one or two gigs a month locally and tour about once every three of four years. We've played as far away as Australia, Japan, and Oktoberfest in Munich, and went on a tour of Cuba last year.

Reapers on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=california+repercussions

I own and routinely play bari, tenor and alto sax. I double on clarinet and flute as needed.

To a lesser extent i play guitar and piano. Oh and I spent a year playing baritone bugle in a drum corps years ago.

Back