Hauling a fridge home - solo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esclavosoy

Reaction score
Looking to buying a fridge. Is there a easy way I can haul a fridge by my self. I am not superman but not a weakling.

Gabriel

moving dolly, like what UPS uses to haul boxes, and a pickup truck should do it. put the fridge up to the tailgate and lever it over the gate into the bed, reverse to get it out. The dolly will be the biggest help, I think you can rent one at home deopt, lowes, or a u-haul place.

Use a blanket or something to keep from scratching it up while sliding it along the tailgate.

moving dolly, like what UPS uses to haul boxes, and a pickup truck should do it. put the fridge up to the tailgate and lever it over the gate into the bed, reverse to get it out. The dolly will be the biggest help, I think you can rent one at home deopt, lowes, or a u-haul place.

This ^^ I'm currently planning for something similar...I might just buy one at Harbor Freight. A few bungee cords would probably help as well when moving it.

Been there, done that - twice. Definitely want a two-wheeler, and if there are stairs involved the kind with the rubber tank treads in back are really helpful...

Cheers!

Just remember if you lay the fridge on it's back/side, and I'm sure you will, keep it up right for 24/hrs before you turn it back on.

The best way to go, if you're by your self, would be to rent a lift-gate truck and a two wheel dolly with a ratchet strap.

Looking to buying a fridge. Is there a easy way I can haul a fridge by my self. I am not superman but not a weakling.

Gabriel

Sheer ****ing willpower.

Background experience:
Blew out 2 shoulders and 1 knee powerlifting based on sheer ****ing willpower.

I put the fridge on the side and used the lever over the tailgate method. Then a dolly which I rented, it's an appliance dolly. I used blankets to protect the fridge and did it alone. I'm not superman and I'm a woman.

If you're buying it new, I'd consider the cost of having the retailer ship and install it, if they don't do it already for free.

This ^^ I'm currently planning for something similar...I might just buy one at Harbor Freight. A few bungee cords would probably help as well when moving it.

Definitely do not try to move a refrigerator which is secured to a hand truck by a few bungee cords.

95619131_-attitudes-car-sign-heres-your-sign-bill-engvall-.jpg

Definitely do not try to move a refrigerator which is secured to a hand truck by a few bungee cords.

95619131_-attitudes-car-sign-heres-your-sign-bill-engvall-.jpg

An appliance hand truck should be equipped with straps. Everyone I've used had them.

An empty upright fridge doesn't weigh that much...I've moved heavier things by myself.

Back