Has anyone tried this Duda Y Inline filter yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JobeJoe

Reaction score
I ran across these on eBay recently and picked up a couple.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9XWUCC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I haven't brewed with them yet since I'm still tweaking my HERMs build before it's maiden brew.

I haven't seen any reviews of chatter anywhere that I could find so I was curious if anyone here has tried one out?

Mine are already mounted on my MT and BK, but I think I goofed... Putting them before the ball valve. Which would probably mean if the wort is high enough in the keg and my filter clogs up... I would probably have a big leak on my hands trying to change or clean the filter in mid batch. I think putting then after the ball valve may be the way it needs to go.

Any thoughts?http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9XWUCC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Those things are not even close to being an effective way to filter trub or hops while draining. They are going to clog up in 3 seconds. What are you trying to accomplish?

Those things are not even close to being an effective way to filter trub or hops while draining. They are going to clog up in 3 seconds. What are you trying to accomplish?

I concur. You need more volume. I ended up getting the hop rocket and using rice hulls to filter before the plate chiller. worked great. Before it would take forever to clear the plate chiller. You can probably figure out a DIY, but I did not have the time, and what little time I have I would rather brew.

You could possibly use the wyes as a mini randell for leaf hops.

My main concern before I bought a chugger was grain sediment gumming up my cheaper pumps. So I planned to use this along with a false bottom to keep as much of the sediment/grains from getting into the pump. Not as much a concern with a chugger, but thought it would just augment the false bottoms.

Back