Has anyone reprogrammed their Ebrewsupply PIDs to run their pumps automatically?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zixxer10R

Reaction score
And while we’re on the subject of reprogramming the EB PIDs, has anyone found a way to use the timer in a delay state to automatically start heating water in the HLT, say, after 8 hours, so your strike water is up to temp by the time you get home from work?

I can do this with brucontrol easily using a short script although I never have..
I had my old ezboil/pid setup wired to control other timers and alarms for things such as hop additions and thought about having it turn pumps on and off but then realized, as cool as it sounds it probably wasnt the best idea since I did not have the other things needed to make it worth while like automated valves and level sensors, too often while brewing, does something cause me to extend a step or change or pause something so I decided manual brewing was more my speed.

the ezboil did have a feature I did use which was timed temp control which turned the heat off automatically after a step. I could have actualy ran the ssr output of any of my pids through timed relay output such as a timer to do the same thing automatically but again I sometimes boiled longer due to boil off rate or being late on a hop additions so it made more sense to do it manually much of the time.

Latest posts

Back