Has anyone built a kegerator specifically for 2.5-gal kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
Just like the title says: Has anyone done this? I have a 7.0 cu ft keezer with three taps. It can hold four 5gal cornies. So, I'm good to go there. But, I also have 4 of the 2.5gal kegs and a two tap draft tower that is just sitting in it's box. So, I think a smaller kegerator that could hold 1-2 small kegs is a good easy weekend project for me.

My first kegerator held two 2-1/2 gallon kegs. That was back in 2007. It's been repurposed to chill fermenters.

Kegerator02.jpg

Thanks!! At least I know they will fit if I find the right fridge. I think I'll go to a big box store and have a look at some mini-fridges. I already have a second CO2 cylinder and another set of regulators not being used.

Yep. 12l/3gal. You planning on a 1 keg/tap setup?

I have 4 of the 2.5g kegs and would like to fit 2 if possible into a mini-fridge. I'm going to go look at some this week. I already have a keezer that holds four of the standard 5gal cornies, so I have plenty of beer for poker nights.

Back