Has any one worked on the micromatic glycol chillers that could offer help, evap coil and compressor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

born2dive9702

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a new (to me) Micromatic mmpp4300 glycol chiller however when I got it, the compressor blew out after there was a failure in the evap coil that ran the pump dry.

I am an Expat teacher currently living in Egypt now, and the original compressor is not avaiable here. So I have replaced the compressor with a Danfoss SC15G LBP 220v 50/60 Hz which has similar BTU range as the original, in the temp range of the original, but can reach much lower temps. I have also bent a new coil for out of the same 1/2 copper tubing.

I have connected the lines the same way as originally designed, the capilary tube going to the top coil of the evaporator, and the suction going to the bottom of the evaporator coil

So my question is 1. Will this work? and 2. what size capilary and length of tube should I use?

For the love of bear please help me out.

Sincerely
Brad

Latest posts

Back