Harvesting Pacman Yeast Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacaman

Reaction score
Can Pacman yeast be harvested from a single bomber of Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout? If so, what stir plate schedule should be followed?

I was thinking 2 cups of water with 1/2 cup of DME for 18 hours, then crash cool, decant and step it up with 4 cups of water with 1 cup of DME for 24 hours?

Does this sound right? I don't think yeast calculator can help me in this instance.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I would probably start out way less on the dme and water if you're only using 1 bomber. Then step it up 2 or 3 times. I use the dregs from a six pack when I harvest. I usually start out with 20 grams of dme and 200 ml water. Usually by the 3rd step its going really good. Works for me.

I saved the yeast from a single 12 oz bottle of rogue mocha porter today. I poured it into a wlp vial, and it looks like way more than thought it was going to be. Figure i'll do a 1 liter 1.020 starter, then step it up from there. Hope it works out.

Back