Hard wire STC-1000 problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davinator

Reaction score
So I'm bulding my first keezer and I have some problem wiring the STC-1000.

My plan is to replace the old thermostat with the STC-1000 but when I wire like on the picture, the compressor don't start after the cooling light stop flashing. I did hear the click sound but after that, nothing. The setting are fine so it's either the wiring or the compressor.

Did someone can suggest me another wiring option to try because I really wanna drink my first keg beer!

hard wire.jpg

hard wire2.jpg

Fichier 2015-03-25 23 21 18.jpg

Fichier 2015-03-25 23 53 29.jpg

I never bypass the stock thermostat when installing an stc-1000. I install them inline with the main power cord coming from the wall and into the fridge. This way I only cut into the three wire power cord and leave the stock wiring in place.

Seems like you're pretty darned close to having the STC-1000 take over the thermostat circuit. All that are missing are the freezer connections.

- connect the black wire in your 4-wire cable to the freezer "Black" circuit at the line cord side of the thermostat.

- connect the white wire in the cable to the freezer "White" circuit near the line cord.

- connect the green wire in the cable to any big fat green wire in the freezer.

- connect the purple wire in the cable to the freezer "Black" circuit on the opposite side of the thermostat.

- Set the freezer thermostat to its highest setting - you don't want it to ever close the circuit.

Done.

Cheers!

I finally got it earlier this week. I did not bypass the original thermostat since mine was broke so I replace it with the STC-1000. My cables were misplaces but the plan in the first post is good.

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a Magic Chef freezer with this exact same wiring configuration. I followed the wiring of the original poster, but I have the same issue. The STC-1000 turns on and when it hits cooling temp you hear it trigger, but the compressor doesn't turn on.

What is missing?

Thanks so much!

Back