Hard plumbed pumps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haeffnkr

Reaction score
Hi ...
I have seen a few hard plumbed pump setups from other folks.

How do u clean these? Concerns? There is that little bit of wort/water that will pool up on center inlet pumps and that scares me.

I spent a small fortune putting cam locks on my pumps so I can take them off and clean them... Really just rinse them and let them drip dry with the outlet pointing down....But wondering if it is worth it [emoji3]

Thanks
IMG_20181025_222502.jpeg

Last edited:
Ive been doing it for 5 years in my system below in my signature... I have my rims and most of my plumbing off of it hard plumbed as well.
I CIP with pbw and recirulate through the plumbing and valves with actuating the valves... I follow up with 2 rinses of water and the result have been good for years now.

As you have all pumps setup with camlocks in your picture... its no different than having hoses between them really.. if you want to spend the time to remove the pump you just have to disconnect the camlocks.. I have some of mine setup that way in case one ever got stuck during brewday... only happened once or twice due to grain getting wedged. my HLT pump is permenently installed however since its just water.

Last edited:
Hi Augie,
thanks for the reply.
Yes i have seen your system.

So you have water left in the pumps ( a small amount ) between brew sessions and there are no issues? No funkiness starts to grow?
I assume on brew day you just rinse system an start the brew session?

thanks again

Hi Augie,
thanks for the reply.
Yes i have seen your system.

So you have water left in the pumps ( a small amount ) between brew sessions and there are no issues? No funkiness starts to grow?
I assume on brew day you just rinse system an start the brew session?

thanks again
not with water? I also use chlorinated tap water to rinse after brewing so..
yes just rinse.. and if a week or so since my last brew, thats when I CIP.

Latest posts

Back