Happy Thanksgiving, HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
And thank all of you for the AWESOME HOSPITALITY you show to all the new comers here!

God Bless~:mug:

Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals.

“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” -- Willie Nelson

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Got two beers to serve & the sausage stuffing is starting to smell really good! Can't wait for dinner! :tank:

I just got off the throne and lost 10lbs :mug:

Hope everyone had a Happy healthy Thanksgiving.

Can't wait for my Thanksgiving Turkey sandwich loaded with everything n topped with extra cranberry sauce and mayo. :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Ours turned out great again! Dampfbier went better with turkey than I thought. The apples I used in my apple cranberry pie with the flour/sugar/spice mix came out bright & not too sweet, not too tart. Sage sausage/sage stuffing came out really good smothered in gravy. Turkey dripped juices when carved! :mug:

I am having a dinner full of left overs, then going to my mother's for the weekend with more turkey.

The only down side of going elsewhere for Thanksgiving is that you do not get the left over turkey for sandwiches etc. I picked up a 15lb bird for $11.99, injected it with an injection made from a IPA from a local MS brewery along with some spices. It is happily smoking away on my kamado grill.

So picture it. You emigrate to a foreign country you know very little about for whatever reason. You bring your own customs, your own religion (or lack thereof) and your own holidays. Someone at the job you have started in your new country asks what you are doing for a holiday coming up. When you ask about the holiday he tells you it isnt religious or political, and the real retail aspect doesnt happen until a day AFTER the holiday (though supermarkets make a killing on food). All you have to do is eat, drink, and think about what you are thankful for. And get this, if you have a friend or coworker who is alone on that day but happens to have a completely different religion than you, he doesnt even have to think about it before accepting your invitation to come over.

Y'gotta wonder if new arrivals are blown away by the idea. It may be the single best thought-out holiday in the history of mankind.

I really think for the reasons above Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. That and stuffing. I'd kill a man with a ladle for stuffing.

So picture it. You emigrate to a foreign country you know very little about for whatever reason. You bring your own customs, your own religion (or lack thereof) and your own holidays. Someone at the job you have started in your new country asks what you are doing for a holiday coming up. When you ask about the holiday he tells you it isnt religious or political, and the real retail aspect doesnt happen until a day AFTER the holiday (though supermarkets make a killing on food). All you have to do is eat, drink, and think about what you are thankful for. And get this, if you have a friend or coworker who is alone on that day but happens to have a completely different religion than you, he doesnt even have to think about it before accepting your invitation to come over.

Y'gotta wonder if new arrivals are blown away by the idea. It may be the single best thought-out holiday in the history of mankind.

I really think for the reasons above Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. That and stuffing. I'd kill a man with a ladle for stuffing.

Very well said. I do feel as far as secular holidays are concerned Thanksgiving is where it's at. I think giving thanks in general is something we all need to do more of and recognize the value of.

Thanksgiving in June? They do Christmas in July, so why not?

Latest posts

Back