Happy Halloween

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
Well I'm sitting here in the rain under a canopy handing out candy to all the little gremlins. I'm am having a blast, except that my keg of Rochefort 8 clone kicked and I am reduced to drinking Miller High life. Not that there is anything wrong with the High Life, it's just not what I was in the mood for. Meh, it's all good. Looks like there will be plenty of candy left over for me. :D

The kids come a day early? There's no way the church wackos in my county would let them do Halloween on a Sunday, especially if it was a day early...weekend or not. lol

Bernie, my friend. Halloween is TOMORROW! :p

Where I grew up, the town always had the trick-or-treating hours on a Saturday afternoon. Good for little kids and their parents, not much fun for the kids who liked to run around in the dark. Where I live now, they always have trick-or-treating on 4-7 of the actual day. Not a big deal, but many people don't even get home from work until 5 or 5:30, so there are a lot of empty houses!

Yeah, Yoop, when I was a kid, we did our trick or treating after dark on the
31rst, the way it was supposed to be. But a sicko that murdered a kid
and chopped her up changed all that. That was almost forty
Years ago. We will never see nighttime trick or treating around
here again. :(

last year i think we got one trick-or-treater to my house. year before it was zero.
kinda sad. i'm only 23 and "back when i was a kid" you couldn't step outside on haloween without tripping on a ghost or storm trooper or whatever.

I remember going out as soon as it was "dark enough". I don't mind them going out early. I'm not sure we have a set end time here. I know we've been walking around WAY after dark as long as I've taken my kids.

I don't think my oldest (17) is going out this year. Her younger sister (12) was planning on it, and even tried on her costume last night, but was running a fever and this morning before I left I heard she was still sick. I might have to ToT for her! (although I'm not sure how I'm going to look in her tiny little angel fairy costume...)

I should throw on a T shirt, grab my optic-fibre wig and guitar, and go as a rock guitarist. I could even strap a battery powered amp on my belt and rock some VH. Cross fingers on some cougar groupies.

When we were kids,trick or treat was dusk to midnight. We'll never see that again. This year,my youngest son (13) went to school Halloween dress up day as one of the MIB. A couple years ago he went as Pyramid head from the Resident Evil games/movies. My daughter helped with all the artwork. He even had the walk down cold.

Bernie, my friend. Halloween is TOMORROW! :p

Where I grew up, the town always had the trick-or-treating hours on a Saturday afternoon. Good for little kids and their parents, not much fun for the kids who liked to run around in the dark. Where I live now, they always have trick-or-treating on 4-7 of the actual day. Not a big deal, but many people don't even get home from work until 5 or 5:30, so there are a lot of empty houses!

They schedule trick or treating? It's always been from sundown til around 10pm around here. Although, since they pushed DST later, they've been showing up before sundown.

It's definitely not a set schedule. That's weird to me.

You'd make a good fairy, but you're no angel! :D

Tell Kara I hope she feels better by tonight.

Ha ha! Don't tell me you can see through my facade! :(

Kara was feeling better, and although I told her at lunch that she couldn't go if she didn't go back to school, I caved in because Halloween only happens once a year and she didn't have a fever all day AND because her one friend canceled and the other was counting on her to go. And her friend is a nice kid.

And I wanted to check out all the young ladies dressed in their slutty costumes and I knew I wouldn't get many trick or treaters at my house, so I had to have an excuse to hang out at my sister's house...

But mostly cause I'm a good dad.

Oh, and Kara looked goo din her modified "Punk Fairy" costume.

There were kids who were seriously walking around with a sack for candy and NO COSTUME! Really kid??

Even in my day the poor kids who couldn't afford a costume at least knew better than to walk around asking for it. No, they hid in the bushes and stole other kids' candy!

Latest posts

Back