ham fisted my fridge's freezer, broke the line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mergs

Reaction score
In a youtube video I watched a dude convert a small fridge to hold a corny keg.

Of course, just when I had it moved up and away, I decided to push it just a little more and pfffff.... kinked the line and the refrigerant went hissing off into thin air.

So, before I take this thing to the recycling center, I just wanted to know if there's some use to this thing now, in homebrewing or other use?

Thanks
Ham-Fisted Newbie.

I did the same thing. It's essentially now a 50lb piece of garbage. Major bummer. I've considered linking it to another fridge via insulated air duct w/fan and separate temp control, but it'd probably be cheaper and easier just to get another fridge.

I did the same thing. It's essentially now a 50lb piece of garbage. Major bummer. I've considered linking it to another fridge via insulated air duct w/fan and separate temp control, but it'd probably be cheaper and easier just to get another fridge.

Yep, I think I'll look for something else, maybe surf for something used. Thanks for the quick reply!

Latest posts

Back