Haiti

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smuve21

Reaction score
Well as I sit here in Hati I as myself why the hell am I here.
I'm supposed to be here on a humanitarian mission and the
only thing I've done so far is stuff my face with nasty military
chow and sleep. We were given orders to not give the hatians
any food and water, so what in the hell am I here for then.
We're actually here to support our own soldiers yet we don't
have **** to give them. I normally take water bottle shower about
once every three days. I sometimes joke that the dinky difference
between us and the hatians is we speak english and have guns.
If one were to see the state in which we are living in they would
be mistaken and think we were in some type of concentration camp.
Well I guess I've done enough ranting on this thread so I'll end it here.
Good night America from your local neighborhood soldier.

I normally don't do this but I will.

First let me say, it sounds like you are in the military somehow. Thanks for that.

However. It's Haiti, that's how you spell it. That's where you are. I just find it hard to believe that someone who is supposed to be there helping doesn't even know how to spell it.

Now, to me it is understood that intent does not necessarily mean that someone knows everything about the goal. But the name of the country? Please?

I actually feel a little bad about responding in this way, due to the intent of the OP but the post seriously screams for editing. Maybe just me.

I normally don't do this but I will.

First let me say, it sounds like you are in the military somehow. Thanks for that.

However. It's Haiti, that's how you spell it. That's where you are. I just find it hard to believe that someone who is supposed to be there helping doesn't even know how to spell it.

Now, to me it is understood that intent does not necessarily mean that someone knows everything about the goal. But the name of the country? Please?

I actually feel a little bad about responding in this way, due to the intent of the OP but the post seriously screams for editing. Maybe just me.

Forum Section that this thread is in: Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling

Nuff Said.

Ashz since you're into doing a little math and figuring that I'm in the military how bout I do a little math on my own. 1 you're probably at home in your house, apt, cardboard box, etc... While I'm here sweating my balls off all day long. 2. You're able to take a shower regularly if you like or on a whim while I've been reduced to taking them every three days. 3. You probaly have a frig full of food while me on the other hand have to beg other units for food sine some assjole decided to break in our containers and steal all of our food. 4. You have a nice cusy chair and keyboard to sit in front of and moan about a typo of a post done from a damn phone. 5. Finally if the spelling the only thing that you took away from my rant you sir/ma'am are the biggest doucebag. Thanks for reading please come again.

Ashz since you're into doing a little math and figuring that I'm in the military how bout I do a little math on my own. 1 you're probably at home in your house, apt, cardboard box, etc... While I'm here sweating my balls off all day long. 2. You're able to take a shower regularly if you like or on a whim while I've been reduced to taking them every three days. 3. You probaly have a frig full of food while me on the other hand have to beg other units for food sine some assjole decided to break in our containers and steal all of our food. 4. You have a nice cusy chair and keyboard to sit in front of and moan about a typo of a post done from a damn phone. 5. Finally if the spelling the only thing that you took away from my rant you sir/ma'am are the biggest doucebag. Thanks for reading please come again.

I'm going to have to defend Ashz on this one. If you are part of the military, then I applaud your choice. There are many people on this forum, including myself, that either were or are still in the military. We all paid our dues, and I now have stories to tell about the "horrors" and "inconveniences" that I had to live through. And I tell them with pride, as you will someday as well. And when it comes down to it, you volunteered to do it when you signed your contract, as I did when I signed mine. I'm sure that you, as did I, had no idea as to the specifics of what that contract entailed, but you are now bound to it, and the fact that you serve it is testament to your integrity and fortitude.

If you are not in the military, then you still volunteered for it and have no place to complain.

Now for Ashz defense. You managed to spell pretty much everything else in your post correctly. AND you managed to misspell "Haiti" several times throughout your post. To me that is an indication that you are NOT poorly educated and should have a little more self respect for yourself. If your post were littered with misspellings then it would probably not have even been noticed.

Ultimately, military or not, stop complaining. You know damn well that there are people Stateside who have no job or sense of purpose. And those of us who've been in, can sympathize with you. I can say that I've had to go a week at a time without showers, despite the fact that it was my division who made the damn water. Just because some other jackhole department doesn't know the term "water conservation". If you care to know more, then please ask.

And again, thank you for your service. Whether you are military or not. (You never really specified one way or another.)

I deployed several times during my career also...and was stationed at Bragg 3 times...I hear you.

A lot of it seems like a waste of time and taxpayers money, and you wouldn't be wrong...but to the world it looks great on (and in the) paper.

Responding from my cardboard box. Again, I stand by my comments. I also commend you for your service and feel for you. I just thought it odd that you spelled the place you are deployed incorrectly. Also, I have been called worse things by people far meaner than you. My hat's still off to you though.

Plus my computer chair isn't that comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back