Hack for whirlpool arm with no internal threads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippyclown

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2nd port on my brew kettle for a thermometer. I removed it to install a whirlpool arm, bought lots of fun parts from home depot, and then noticed there's no connectable threading on the interior of the port. I experienced all 5 stages of grief, and now I ask for your assistance:

Is there any way to hack this? In theory I guess I need to extend a whirlpool arm (copper pipe or whatever) through the port, but have it actually screw onto the exterior threads of the port, where the valve is. Sort of a thermowell-ish sort of a thingy?

Thanks for your help, HBT.

zc

So, you have a weldless port (a hole with no threading) that you want to make into a whirlpool port? I would look into Spincycle from BrewHardware

So, you have a weldless port (a hole with no threading) that you want to add? I would look into Spincycle from BrewHardware

There's threading on the outside. I could easily attach a valve, exactly like the main valve I use for draining, etc, but on the inside the threading terminates and can't be connected to. The thermometer that came with the pot screwed onto the outside threads but had a probe that extended through the hole, to the inside. That's sort of what I'd need. A valve I can screw onto the outside, that extends a pipe through the hole to the inside.

Latest posts

Back