Guinness proper pour- Does it actualy matter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thood6

Reaction score
Is there any reason to pour a Guinness differently than any other beer? Or is nitro in general different?

Honestly if you drink a lot of guinness you can taste a difference if you do the 6 step, of course that's only if it's on tap

it turns out more creamy and which seems to cause a slightly less biter taste. at least to me it does.

Lol. I took the “Pour your own Guinness” class at their brewery in Ireland this summer. With a tap and a Guinness pint, they trained us to pour to the top of the harp and allow the beer to rest 2 minutes. Then fill it to the rim.

I’ve had Guinness in every corner of the world and can honestly say the best is served in-country. Smoothest beer I've ever had. I knocked down 7 pints that day.

Greg

The final result:
guiness.jpg

One of the most memorable beer experiences of my life was drinking a pint of Guinness at the top of the brewery looking over Dublin. I'd like to think that a proper Guinness pour played a part in my experience.

DSC01772.jpg

Honestly if you drink a lot of guinness you can taste a difference if you do the 6 step, of course that's only if it's on tap

Couldn't agree more. Just like pouring right down the middle of the glass for an IPA or other hoppy beer helps release hop flavors and aromas, the way a beer is poured does affect the flavor.

I just pour it really rigorously into a glass to knock as much of the carbonation out as possible. I know this is not the recommended approach and I should also probably note that I like about half the commonly accepted levels carbonation in beer.

Lol. I took the “Pour your own Guinness” class at their brewery in Ireland this summer. With a tap and a Guinness pint, they trained us to pour to the top of the harp and allow the beer to rest 2 minutes. Then fill it to the rim.

I’ve had Guinness in every corner of the world and can honestly say the best is served in-country. Smoothest beer I've ever had. I knocked down 7 pints that day.

Greg

The final result:
guiness.jpg

B-E-A-UTIFUL....just 7 pints? I think I had that many before lunch. (of course this was St. Patty's Day '11 in Dublin)

Latest posts

Back